Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Biggest Loser Wii Challenge!


Biggest Loser Wii Challenge
39 lbs to go
Total Weight Loss 0


Today began the 12 week Biggest Loser Wii Challenge. I was very excited about starting this game. This game is supposed to be just like the Biggest Loser TV show and offers a fitness routine for me to follow, weekly challenges, and of course a weight in once a week. I guess in the 12 weeks that I play this game, there is a chance for me to get eliminated from the game. I just wish that I could pull weight lose numbers like they do on the show. Woman on the show lose about 10 lbs per week! I wish!
I choose my character from a group of previous Biggest Loser contestants. I really wish that I would have created a custom character that looked more like me. This was the closest that I could find. She does have my glowing pale skin and chubby checks going on. I also wish that my characters size was more accurate to me. So even if you weight 150lbs your characters is still going to look like this. I then got to choose what color t-shirt to wear. I did pink because I thought my character looked alittle manly.

I then choose my trainer. I picked Jillian because on the show she is the most brutal. If I was to ever go on that show I would want her as my trainer because I know she would not take any crap from me. I tend to slack and she would force me to push myself.


It was time to set up my personal profile. I had the option of losing alittle weight, become more healthy or lose alot of weight. I of course choose to lose alot of weight. It then asked me how much I wanted to lose. I choose the max amount of 39lbs. Then I choose the 12 week program even though the game advised me to choose the 4 week program if I was a beginner. I figured that this isn't my first time working out so I feel like I can handle 12 weeks. So this means that I need to lose 3.25 a week in order to lose 39lbs in 12 weeks. Seems crazy! We shall see how this works out. According to the game, I should have 1548 calories a day! Why does this seem so high?! That seems like the amount of calories that made me gain all my weight. So I plan to stick with the calories suggestion per day according to Sparkpeople.com. So according to Sparkpeople.com my daily calories should be between 1270-1620. I did a calorie average of those two and got a daily calorie intake of 1445. This seems more realistic to me.

I plan to follow the 12 week program that the game has for me. Every Friday I have a challenge just like the show does and a weight-in. I can be pretty competitive so I am hoping this game gets me in shape and helps me shed at least 20lbs. I need to lose some weight if I plan on running 5ks. The extra weight is a struggle to carry with me while I run. Every Friday I will post an update on how I am doing on this game. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails