Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 = My year

Happy New Years everyone! This is where I am celebrating the new year, Orlando Florida!! This is the beautiful view from our room. I left freezing, snowy Boston and came to....freezing, cloudy Florida. This is the coldest Florida has been in a long time. I didn't even think it got cold in FL, but the average temp her lately is 42 degree's!! Oh well...


So you know how I planned to go to the gym here in our condo building.... not going to happen. The gym here is terrible. There are only 2 treadmills and one is broken. My friends thought I was crazy to want to go to the gym. They told me I would be getting enough exercises walking around the parks. So this week I will not be running.


Every I make a New Years resolutions. Usually its get more organized, lose weight and be on time. All things that I still have issues with today. For the year 201o, which I am calling "My Year", I really wanted to put alittle more thought into my resolutions and really try to work on them. So here is 5 resolutions that I am determined to stick with. This is all about the "New Me":


1) Give up Soda even diet: As I am getting older, I am noticing that soda is not quenching my thirst and seems to be way too sweet to drink. Even diet soda is getting to sweet for me. So this year I am really planning on giving up soda.


2) Detox from the Ex: I know I will never completely forget my ex-husband. He was my best and only friend for 8 years. But 2010 is a new year and I need to just let go of the past and embrace the future. I have a large box in my apartment filled with memories of the last 8 years. It is hidden in my closet but I know its there. I even am having a hard time deleting my ex's Mii from the Wii (tee-hee). But this year I will be selling, shredding and deleting everything. Its going to be hard but I need to do it.


3) Lose 5lbs a month: That is all I am looking to do this year. I always put too much stress on myself to lose 10lbs or 2lbs a week. When I fail to do this I get upset and depressed and stop dieting all together. But this year I am aiming on just 5lbs a month. By June I was be down 30lbs. It is all about small steps for me this year.


4) Run a 5K: I am training for it, so why not. I don't expect to finish first, but I just want to finish it without walking. I would LOVE to do it under 30 minutes, but the idea of jogging for 3.1 miles non-stop sounds challenging enough.


5) Wear a pair of shorts: I have not worn a pair of shorts in public in.....years. It has to be over 10 years now. Maybe back to the time when I played field hockey in high school and was required to wear shorts with the uniform. But I am so embarrassed of my legs. In the summer I only wear Capri's. So only half my leg has seen sun and I get the worst sunburns on my legs because of the lack of sun they see. My calves are just enormous and my legs are super pale. Whats worse now is because of a really bad sunburn last summer, I have a lovely farmers tan. Plus to top it off I have 2 disgusting scars on my legs. The one on my knee is so gross. I would love to just be normal and wear shorts.


Happy New Years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails