Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bye-Bye Walking

Week 6/Run 17
1.50 Miles
23 Minutes
20/23 Jogging



This was my last jog with intervals! No more walking for me. Thursday starts the real deal training. I have a 25 minute jog this Thursday! Yikes!! But I have come so far, I am pretty darn confident that I can finish this program. I only have 10 more runs!!


For some reason, I walked around with confidence all day. I just felt really good. It may have been because I tried a new thing with my bangs or that I was dressed really nice. It could have been that my pants are not as tight anymore. Whatever it was, I liked the feeling. I hope to feel like that more.


When I got to the gym I wore my new workout clothes. The shirt was very snug and did not hide anything. Since I didn’t get the treadmill in the back, I felt like people where staring at me. It didn’t help that I was on the treadmill right next to the mirrors! Talk about facing yourself!!


During my warm up, I calibrated my Nike+. Then my TV decided to stop working so I would have to do this run minus the TV. I can’t always have a TV during my runs, so I just went for it. The first and last few minutes where torture to me. I was sweating like a pig on the treadmill, but I did it. I looked forward, with my ipod blaring and just jogged.


My workout was simple: Run 10 minutes, Walk 3, and then run 10 minutes. I did all the jogging at 4mph and the walking part at 3.5. I was finally able to say that I could do a half of a 5k without a problem!! Now to start aiming for 2 miles!!


The best part of this jog:

From a Blog entry dated: December 8, 2009

As I was leaving the gym I saw her. She was on the treadmill. I went over to say hi and noticed that she was jogging at a speed of 4mph and was jogging for 10 minutes straight! My heart just sank. I can't even run for more then 60 seconds right now :( . Suddenly my training felt stupid and my goals felt so far away. Now all I can think of is how I am going to be the one that begs for us to walk and that I will be the one holding us back. My friend also is like 50 pounds lighter then me.


I can finally say that I too can jog beside my friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails