Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bring it on!

Week 5/Run 14
1.32 miles
21 Minutes
16/21 Jogging

When I pulled into the gym parking lot I was horrified that there was no parking. Did this mean the gym was crammed and I would have to wait for a treadmill? I circled the parking lot looking for a spot thinking that maybe I should go home and go back to the gym later tonight. But a voice inside my head said "You go home, you won't come back." Yeah...I know. Once I got home, there would be no way that I would want to head out into the cold air just to go to the gym. It was now or never. Luckily as those thoughts were racing through my head, someone moved and I took their spot. Yay!

So I suited up and went out to the gym area. I was lucky enough to find a treadmill in the back. I was so ready to do this run. All I need to do was:

Run 8 Minutes
Walk 5 Minutes
Run 8 Minutes

The first half was much harder then the second half. By the last 3 minutes I boosted the speed up 4.2. I was feeling very confident and great on that treadmill. I was dripping with sweat, its like my badge of honor for working so hard. I am so glad to finally do a workout that makes me feel like I am actually working out!! I do need to remember to always bring a hair elastic because my hair was driving me crazy. But besides that I had no cramping or pain. The only thing making me want to stop was my mind. I think its because it is so used to stopping when things get difficult. But my body pushed me forward.

I am ready for Thursdays 20 minutes non-stop jog. I WILL NOT quit no matter how much I want to. If I make it through Thursdays run without quiting, it will be the first time in my life that I ran a mile non-stop. I actually may cry. It would mean so much to me. I can't wait to cross that off my list! Even though the person looking at me in the mirror doesn't look like a runner, the person inside of me is becoming runner.

Here we go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails