Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's like I never left



Week 5/Run 13
1.48 miles
24 minutes
15/24 jogging

Between spending a week in Florida and coming back to Massachusetts sick, I haven't been on top of my training. Today I actually felt pretty good or at least could breath through my nose again. So I went to the gym and started my Week 5 training. This was my training for today

Walk 3 Minutes
Run 5 Minutes
Walk 3 Minutes
Run 5 Minutes
Walk 3 Minutes
Run 5 Minutes

I was really concerned that after having a full week off that I wouldn't be able to complete this at all. But I was not about to quit. I was already one week behind, I didn't want to make it two weeks.

So I entered the gym and was happy to find it pretty empty. Usually at the start of the year, the gym is crowded with new comers. But I was able to get a treadmill in the back and began my workout.

I am afraid to say this.....but.....I found....this run....to be...SLIGHTLY EASY!! Whoa!! Where did that come from? Other then sweating like a big and having some difficulty breathing (my nose was still alittle stuffy) I got through today's workout. I even showed off alittle towards the last 10 seconds and brought the speed up to 4.5mph. I was so happy that I did it. It completely boasted my confidence that I can jog the full 20 minutes this Thursday coming up.

I felt so confident with the way I looked and felt when I was on that treadmill. In my mind I looked like an athlete jogging along with sweat dripping down my forehead. I felt fierce. I even felt like I looked pretty darn sexy running. I loved that feeling.

Reality hit me when I went back to the locker room and saw myself in the very large mirrors they have. The shirt I bought is not very flattering and my butt looked HUGE! It reminded me that I still have a long way to go. Looking at myself in that mirror I remembered a nickname that my ex gave me. He called me "Jigglypuff" after this cartoon character in Pokemon.


Looking at myself in the mirror made me think of this nickname. I hated my ex for calling me that. I wonder if he really knew how much it hurt me. He thought it was a cute name. But again he once called me "Piggily-Wiggily". Names hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails