Sunday, January 24, 2010

TOM came to visit

Week 7/Run 19
1.68 miles
25 Minutes


Dear TOM,

Thank you for coming to visit me on Friday night. I would like to say that it’s a pleasure to have you around, but I just can’t. Not only do you make me feel bloated but whenever you come to visit I seem to gain weight. I was happy to see Friday morning that I lost 5lbs and proudly walked around with my head held high. But then when I checked again on Saturday and Monday it seems I have gained back 4 of those pounds. I am not saying that it was you, but it was just a strange coincidence.

So because the scale did not drop like I thought it did, I was really grouchy on Saturday. I mopped around and was happy to be invited to a bar to celebrate my friend’s birthday. Despite you wanting to stay home and eat ice cream all night. My friend even said I looked really nice last night even though you were right there with me. It made me feel a lot better. Why don’t you even make me feel nice like that?

I woke up today with a small hangover which I do not blame you for. I do blame you for discouraging me to go to the gym today. Because of you my run is much more difficult and I actually had to walk with only 5 minutes left! I was so mad at myself. You didn’t help. You always make me feel sad and depressed. I am always on the verge of tears when you come to visit. When I left the gym, I was so mad at myself. I can not believe I
quit jogging with just 5 minutes left.

So my run was disappointing and my weight loss was small. I know that you come to visit me every month, but the next time you visit can you please just be a little nicer to me. I am trying to lose weight and feel better about myself. I can’t have you coming and bringing me down. Its just not nice.

See you in February. Remind me to buy some aspirin before you come if you don’t mind. You have a way of making me get cramps when your here. It also makes going to with you more bearable.

Love,
laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails