Sunday, January 17, 2010

Got to pick up the pace

Week 6/Run 16
1.48 Miles
24 minutes
18/24 Jogging


Why is the first 5 minutes of my workout always the toughest??!! I have to just keep telling myself "I have jogged 20 mins non-stop....this is just 5 minutes!!" It really helps me push myself knowing that I was able to run that 20 minutes before. After about 5 minutes my legs got their wings and I was able to finish the workout with no problems. I even upped my pace to 4mph and walked at 3.5!


Speaking of pace, lately it has me concerned. I am afraid that I am jogging so slow! That's why I upped it to 4mph and actually didn't feel the difference. Maybe I am just so afraid to push myself because I never did before. So I am planning to keep the pace at no less the 4mph from now on. This may not work on Thursday when I have to jog 25 minutes non-stop!! But if I need to, I will lower it to 3.9 or even to 3.8. I DO NOT want to jog less then that!! I would love to get my pace to 4.5mph eventually.


So far training has been great! I only have 11 more training days!!! I can't believe I have worked through this program without having to repeat a week! I am going to have to think of something special to do when I graduate, which happens to be on Valentines Day weekend! I am going to have to something extra great for myself. Maybe a new bag or a pair of great boots.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails