Sunday, January 31, 2010

28 mins non-stop!! CRAZY!

Week 8/Run 22
1.81 miles
28 Minutes



Today’s run was awesome! I ran for 28 minutes non-stop without feeling like I needed to quit. I went at a speed of 3.9mph which was perfect for me! I think by Thursday I will be able to bump it up to 4mph. I think I just try to advance myself too fast, I need to let my body adjust to the run before I start increasing speed.


I should have no problem running 30 minutes next week! I am just bummed that I won’t be able to jog a 5K on graduation day. But this isn’t called the “Couch to 30 Minute” now is it. So no matter if I have to walk after 30 minutes. I am graduating with a 5K under my belt.


I figured I could jog the 30 minutes which will be probably about 2 miles for me (I am so slow) then I could walk for another .75 miles and finish big by jogging the last .25 mile. It is going to take me FOREVER to run that 5K but I am going to do it.


Its so funny to me that at the beginning of this program I was unable to even peak at the last few weeks training. I was so scared to see it say “Jog 28 minutes Non-stop”. Now I am getting through and looking at weeks ahead! I am so proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails