Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I run and talk at the same time?

Week 3/Run 8
1.09 miles
18 minutes
9/18 jogging

I went to the gym after a pretty hard day at work. These cold winter nights make it so difficult to head to the gym over going back home with some comfort food. But I went tonight cause I know I would be mad at myself for breaking the training. I am actually getting pretty excited that I am doing so well. I am actually looking forward to next weeks training because I have to jog for 5 minutes straight!! Scary stuff!!

Anyways...I went to the gym and was lacing up my sneakers when I heard my friend. We talked for about 10 minutes and then she followed me to the treadmills. I dreaded this more then anything because I hate feeling so out of shape and to be next to my skinny little friend who can jog 10 minutes straight doing 4mph would be discouraging. Plus would I be able to carry a conversation with her while I was running. I didn't want to sound like I was having an asthma attack!

You know what? I was able to complete my workout and hold a somewhat small conversation with my friend! This is very exciting to me because during the half marathon I want to be able to hold a conversation with someone. I believe it would make the time go by faster and show that I am in some kind of shape. Slowly I am turning into a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails