Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas eve and I am at the gym


Week 3/Run 9
1.12miles
18 minutes
9/18 jogging


At 1pm I said Merry Christmas and goodbye to my co-workers. While 95% of them are going home to relax or do some last minute Christmas prep, I went right to the gym. Who in their right mind goes to the gym of Christmas eve??? People like me I guess. It's not that I am a gym rat, its more of that I didn't want to miss a day of jogging training. I wouldn't have been able to go back until Saturday. By Saturday I will be exhausted and filled with cookies. So Christmas eve was the best time for me to go. Let me tell you, it was the best jog I have done so far!

I really pushed myself today at the gym. Even though I wanted nothing more then to go home, take a nap and start on my Christmas cooking. But I parked my car, put my sneakers on and headed to the treadmills. That's when I realized that I did something very stupid. I looked the keys in my locker. I have NEVER done this and I had to ask the guy at the desk what I should do. He said after my workout go see him and he will cut the lock off. So my stupidity was running through my mind as I went over to the treadmill.

I really thought that this was going to get me down and that I wouldn't be able to jog like I wanted to. But I got on and started. Since this was my last workout of "Week 3" I wanted to go as fast as possible and break that 1.09 miles I have been doing all week. So when it came to jogging I pushed the treadmill up to 4mph!! I was able to stick with this the entire 3 minutes!!! Then when it was my last minute, I pushed the speed up to 6mph (it might have been to impress this cute guy there) and finished. But I stupidly didn't see what my miles where at 18 minutes!! Crap. So I have to guess and say it was 1.12 even though I think it was more.

So despite being one of 10 people at the gym on Christmas eve and having my lock cut off; it was a successful "Week #3" and now I am on the "Week 4"! Wish me luck!!
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails