Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crestfallen

crestfallen
adjective
dejected, disheartened, or humbled

I had such a crappy day today. Between work, life and the news my friend gave me, all I want to do is sleep the night away.
I am sick of hearing people bitch, moan and complain. It is getting to be too much for me. I am starting to feel myself getting very cranky. I feel like I am going to blow up on someone really soon. I just can't deal with this!! Grrr!!!

Then my friend told me she might not be doing the Disney Marathon with me in 2011 :( This really disappointed me. I was hoping to not do it alone and feel like quiting training right now. I don't know if I can do this by myself. But I have done so much alone. I got a tattoo alone, I went to court for the final signing of the divorce alone and I go to bed alone every night. Would it be so bad to get on a plane all by myself, get a hotel room all to myself and run the marathon by myself....

Writ ting this post really helped make me feel better. I was pretty much ready to quit but now the idea of going at this jogging alone doesn't sound half bad. Now I have no one to hold me back or anyone to make me feel slow. Its just going to be me vs 13 miles. Maybe I will make a 4 day weekend out of it. I will fly out Friday, race during the weekend, make some new friends, have a message after the race and then head home on Monday. I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails