Sunday, December 6, 2009

Off to a good run

Week 1/Run 1
1.15 Miles
20 Minutes

Today was my first official training day! Yay me! I am following the whole "From Couch to 5K" program that I found online. My friend told me that she heard alot of good things about it. It seems easy enough as long as I don't read ahead. That's when the program gets alittle scary. Jogging for 20 minutes straight?! Hahaha! I can not see myself doing that. I can't even run 60 seconds without feeling like I am going to die.

My schedule for today was fairly easy: Walk for 90 seconds. Jog for 60 seconds. For a total time of 20 minutes.
I was able to finish this with no big problems. Towards the end I was feeling tired and slightly out of wind. I made sure that my jogging was never too fast. The plan said that I should be able to carry on a conversation. Since I plan to run in the Disney Princess half marathon in March 2011, I figured how fast I would need to jog in order to finish in the 3 1/2 hour limit they give you. I would need to go at a pace of 3.7mph. So that was the speed that I jogged. Although eventually I would like to train to finish the marathon in less then 3 hours.

Baby steps, Laurie, baby steps.

My first goal is to just jog a straight mile with no stops. Then a 5K, 10K and then maybe a 13.1 half marathon. Those are my goals by March 2011. Seems almost impossible since I can't even run a mile yet :( As you can see it took me 20 minutes just to run a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails