Sunday, December 27, 2009

Week #4 starts today!

Week 4/Run 10
1.33 Miles
21 Mins
16/21 Jogging

HOLY MOLY I JOGGED FOR 5 WHOLE MINUTES NONSTOP...TWICE!! I am so proud of myself right now. I was terrified last week of doing 3 minutes non-stop and now I just completed 5 minutes! Granted, I went at a pace of 3.8mph. But Sundays are always my tip-toe into the run day.

There was some points of that run that I thought I was going to quit. I felt that way when I was running the last 3 minutes. I didn't know how I was going to do the last five minutes. But I played an upbeat song and just focused of watching the Patriots football game. With 30 seconds left, I did start to get a cramp in my side. When I used to have to run a mile in field hockey, I would always get them about 5 minutes into jogging. They would cause me to stop jogging and I would have to pinch my side to stop the pain. I will have to look into why I get a cramp more... But I still managed to finish my run without stopping.

What kept me going is the idea of having to be behind a week. I want to advance myself not stay behind. I want to run that mile next week. I want to be able to tell Johnny that I can jog 2 miles non-stop and not have it be a lie. This week is going to be hard for me. It is going to be my heart vs my body. I am hoping my heart will win.

2 comments:

  1. Drink more water prior to exercising! I did help my husband train for two marathons... the first one he trained with only 13 weeks before it. I am a Laurie too, but much to old to run like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the advice! I kind of figured it had something to do with lack of water. I just don't drink enough!! I may be 27 yrs old but I certainly don't run that fast. I would need more then 13 weeks to train for a marathon!! It is going to take me 9 weeks to just train for a 5k!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails