Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saying goodbye to my couch


In high school I played sports. Although I was really good at these sports there was one thing I could never do. I could never run a mile straight through. I would always have to stop jogging and walk for part of the ways. I remember knowing where I could start walking in order to hide from the coaches. But they always knew. I was almost cut from field hockey because I couldn't do a full mile. It would always bother me but I did nothing to fix it.

After high school, not being able to run a mile was my biggest regret. I could never say that I ran a mile non-stop. I felt like a failure for not doing it. It never bothered me too much until my ex, who was once completely out of shape, was able to run more then a mile non-stop. I was always the one that was in better shape then him. Now he was running past me. I then tried to run a mile straight and still couldn't. What was wrong with me?


Now I am turning 27, divorced and out of shape. I decided a few months ago to create a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I die. Running a mile non-stop is on that list. So isn't running in the Boston marathon.


This blog is about how I am going to run that mile.


This blog is how one day I will run in the Boston Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails