Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Worst run...ever


Week 4/Run 11
1.23 mph
21 minutes
16/21 jogging

This had to be the worst run I have done since the beginning of training :( After leaving the gym I never felt so crappy in my life. As you can see from above, I ran .10 less miles then when I did this same training on Sunday.


Here is some factors that I think may have made this hard for me:
- All I have been eating lately is junk. Today all I had to eat before the gym was 2 cups of coffee, some chocolate covered almonds, a can of soup and combos. My size 12 pants are starting to feel really tight and I am afraid one good sneeze will rip them in half.

- I should have gone to the bathroom before I got to the gym. I would rather shoot my foot then to go to the bathroom at my gym.

- I was wearing my new sneakers. Maybe I should have got them one size up or maybe I need to break them in more. My feet killed and I couldn't wait to take them off.

- I really need to learn some good stretches before I run. My calves felt like the muscle was going to tear apart.


So that is how my crappy run at the gym went. I had to lower my walking speed to 2.7 at one point and then I had to lower my jogging speed in the last 5 minutes to 3.7mph. I said I would never do that, but I let it go since I at least can say I finished the jogging part. I didn't walk during the running part even though I REALLY wanted too. I was good and did raise the speed to 3.8mph after a minute or so.


Next week I am supposed to jog for 20 minutes straight on Thursday. Right now I DO NOT see that happening. If I can't do the run on Thursday without lowering the speed again I am going to have to repeat this week. I have a funny feeling that I am going to repeat week #5... I am really hoping that I don't have to repeat week #4. I really want to end 2009 with a good running record.


I can't give up. Even if I have to repeat a week of training. I just have to keep trying.



"Never give up. Never surrender." - Jason Nesmith, Galaxy Quest 1999

2 comments:

  1. don't give up! i found you off of sparkpeople... don't give up! not only CAN you do this, you ALREADY ARE! :0) Best to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails