Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Three years to go

Week 2/Run 5
1.19 Miles
20 Minutes



Yesterday I turned 27 years old. It was slightly depressing because due to my birthday being so close to Christmas, people usually are too busy to do anything for it. Plus there where a few people who will go nameless, who didn't wish me a happy birthday. I spent the night at my parents house after work. It was very nice though. My mom made me pasta with chicken cutlets and meatballs. Then she made a cake for me. Its alot different from how I spent last birthday.



Last year when I turned 26, my marriage failure was still fresh in my mind. I remember Johnny calling me to wish me a "Happy Birthday". It resulted in me sitting in my car in tears and screaming at him to take me back. I barely functioned on my birthday last year. I was miserable and a wreck. Its amazing what a year and good friends can do for you.



So turning 27 means I have three years to hit my jogging goal. Even though that is a long time off, I still feel like I will never make it by then. I also feel like I am getting very old really quick.



My run was really hard for me today. I think its because I have been eating like crap and have a cold. Its hard to control my breathing when my nose is stuffed up. Plus the pants I was working out in where a tad tight. I just didn't feel great with this run today. But I "Passed" and keep the pace of my jog at 3.9mph! Which is good because I need to stay about 3.8mph for the marathon. I am hoping to get it up to 4mph eventually. I am alittle afraid for next week since I have to run for 3 minutes straight. That means 9 minutes total will be jogging next week compare to 8 minutes jogging these last 2 weeks.

Starting Jan I am going to start taking better care of what I eat. I tried dieting now and its just too damn hard with the holidays. I will be going to Disney the first week of Jan so my Weight Watchers strict diet will have to begin on the 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails