Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Feeling left in the dust

Week 1/Run 2
1.19 Miles
20 Mins
Do I dare say that I was looking forward to today's run/walk?? I don't want to be crazy and say it was fun, but I actually was happy to hit the gym and complete my training.
While I was doing my training for today all I kept thinking was that I hoped my friend (who is going to be running the half marathon with me next year) was taking this as seriously as I was. I imagined myself getting annoyed when she needed me to walk instead of jog. I didn't want to stop if I didn't have to!

As I was leaving the gym I saw her. She was on the treadmill. I went over to say hi and noticed that she was jogging at a speed of 4mph and was jogging for 10 minutes straight! My heart just sank. I can't even run for more then 60 seconds right now :( . Suddenly my training felt stupid and my goals felt so far away. Now all I can think of is how I am going to be the one that begs for us to walk and that I will be the one holding us back. My friend also is like 50 pounds lighter then me.

I don't know how I am going to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails